Sauerkraut is food and probiotic supplement in one, because it is full of highly effective and vital microorganisms. These microorganisms constitute a major part of the human immune system and protect the organism from chronic diseases, parasites, viruses and harmful bacteria.
Ingredients for 4 servings
For the vegan goulash
- 500 g sauerkraut (fresh or canned) - put in a sieve and rinse briefly
- 250 g smoked tofu - cut into small cubes
- 3 onions - halved and sliced
- 3 carrots - sliced
Liquid ingredients and spices
- 125 ml of water
- 1 bottle of passed tomato
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of fruit vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 3 tablespoons sweet paprika
- crystal salt
- black pepper
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a saucepan and sauté the onions. Then add the carrots and saute. Sprinkle with paprika and chilli powder.
Put the tomato paste in the pan, sauté briefly with stirring and deglaze with the water. Then stir in the tomato, vinegar and soy sauce.
Finally, pluck the sauerkraut small and add.
Heat the rest of the oil in a pan and sauté the tofu cubes crisply on all sides. Then add to the sauerkraut
Mix everything together well. Pour some more water, so that a nice sauce is created.
Season with salt, pepper and soy sauce and simmer for another 10 minutes.
Serve with rice, pasta or potatoes.
Here you can find our cooking films on YouTube.