The tofu is now a trend, because not only vegetarians and vegans like this meat substitute - health-conscious meat eaters are also increasingly relying on tofu. The low-calorie and non-smoker soy quark is very porous in its structure, so it is particularly receptive to many flavors. For this reason, tofu should be marinated as much as possible in a spicy seasoning before preparation.
Ingredients for 2 servings
For the salad
- 250 g tofu - cut into small cubes
- 2 spring onions - cut in half and cut into thin slices with the green
- Peel 2 carrots and cut into thin sticks
- 1/2 red and yellow pepper each - cut into thin pins
Liquid ingredients and spices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar or rice vinegar (pay attention to vegan quality)
For the marinade
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tamari (soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tsp Kukruma
- 1 tsp curry
- crystal salt
- black pepper
All ingredients for the marinade - except salt and pepper - stir vigorously. Put the tofu cubes in a bowl and put the marinade over the tofu. Mix well and marinate for at least 1 hour.
Then remove the tofu from the marinade with a slotted spoon, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and sauté the tofu from all sides.
Put the prepared salad ingredients in a bowl and put the fried tofu on top.
Mix the remaining olive oil with the vinegar and pour over the salad. Mix everything well and season with salt and pepper.
Tip: The remaining tofu marinade is ideal as a seasoning of other vegetable dishes.
Here you can find our cooking films on YouTube.