Tahin is a very appreciated spice paste in the Orient. It is very energetic and is therefore very well suited as a high-quality fat substitute. Tahin is available from both shelled (light) and unpeeled (dark) sesame seeds. The bright version is very mild in taste. The darker Tahin tastes clearly tart, but also contains more nutrients.
For the spread
- 200 g of smoked tofu - crumble with a fork
- 1 onion - chop roughly
- 1 garlic clove - roughly chop
Liquid ingredients and spices
- 2 tablespoons Tahin (sesame paste)
- 1 tbsp. Tamari (soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of yeast flakes
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 tsp basil - freshly chopped leaves
- 1 tsp chives - cut in rolls
Add all ingredients, including the yeast flakes, to a blender and puree.
Season with the spices and then fold in the herbs.
Here you can find our cooking films on YouTube.