The classic Italian minestrone often contains animal products and cereals in addition to vegetables - and before serving it is generously sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. The basic variant, however, consists exclusively of fresh vegetables. Therefore, this minestrone is extremely healthy, very low in calories and especially fine in taste.
Ingredients for 4 servings
For the soup
- 1/2 cauliflower - cut into florets
- 1 small broccoli - cut into florets
- 1 small zucchini - halved and sliced
- 1/2 small celery root - diced
- 4 potatoes - peeled and diced
- 4 carrots - sliced
- 1 leek - halved and sliced
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves - finely chopped
Liquid ingredients and spices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Grainy vegetable broth for seasoning
- crystal salt
- pepper from the grinder
Preparation time approx. 40 minutes
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Fry the onion and garlic cubes over medium heat in a glassy sauce
Add the vegetables, cover with hot water and season to taste with the vegetable broth.
Now let the soup simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes to simmer lightly. Only cook the vegetables until they are still bite.
Remove the pot from the heat and season with the spices.
Cover for 10 minutes before serving.
Here you can find our cooking films on YouTube.