Chickpeas are an excellent source of protein, which is especially interesting for people who are vegan or vegetarian. They have a mild, slightly nutty flavor, they are very low in calories and extremely filling.
Ingredients for 4 servings
For the stew
- 450 g boiled chickpeas (from the glass)
- 450 g potatoes into small cubes
- 500 g canned tomatoes
- 1/2 red chilli pod - halve, core and cut into strips
Liquid ingredients and spices
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pepper sharp
- 1 coated TL nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons whole cane sugar
- freshly ground pepper
- some coriander leaves - finely chop
Heat a saucepan - no added fat - medium and toast the paprika and nutmeg powder in it for a short while before adding the coconut oil to the pot.
Now come the chilli strips and the potato cubes. Let it stew for about 3 to 4 minutes. Deglaze with vegetable stock.
Add the tomatoes and sugar and simmer for about 15 minutes.
5 minutes before the end of cooking, add the chickpeas to the sauce.
Taste the stew with salt and pepper before serving with the coriander leaves sprinkled on it.
Here you can find our cooking films on YouTube.