Carrots have a great healing potential. Various studies have shown that freshly squeezed carrot juice can be used to treat hypertension and diabetes, as well as cancer.
Ingredients for 4 servings
For the soup
- 4 medium potatoes - wash, peel and dice
- 1 kg of carrots - wash, peel and dice
- Peel mango, remove the pulp from the stone and cut into cubes
Liquid ingredients and spices
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- 500 ml carrot juice
- 2 tablespoons of ghee
- 3 tablespoons paprika sweet
- 1 tbsp curry
- 1/2 chili pepper - halved, gutted and cut into thin strips
- 1 half-size piece of ginger - finely chopped
- 1 stick lemon grass - knocked flat with the back of the knife
Preparation time approx. 40 minutes
Heat the ghee in a saucepan and sauté the spices (except lemongrass and salt), stirring constantly, adding potatoes and carrots.
Add the carrot juice, add the vegetable stock, add the lemongrass and simmer for 15 minutes.
Remove the lemon grass, puree the soup and season with salt.
Here you can find our cooking films on YouTube.