Chickpeas are very healthy. In addition to their valuable proteins and carbohydrates chickpeas also contain numerous dietary fiber, which are used for intestinal health, as well as B vitamins and trace elements.
Ingredients for 4 servings
For the chickpeas
- 800 g chickpeas (from the glass)
- 2 large, fully ripe beef tomatoes - gutted and chopped
- 2 onions - finely chopped
- 1-2 green chillies - gutted and finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove - crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
Liquid ingredients and spices
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of ghee or coconut oil
- 2-3 tablespoons coriander - finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh pomegranate seeds (as you like)
Rinse the chickpeas under running water until no more foam is produced.
Carve the tomatoes crosswise on the stem and brew with boiling water. Leave for 2 minutes in the water, then peel off the skin and cut into rough pieces. Sauté the onion, ginger, garlic, chillies and turmeric in ghee or coconut oil over medium heat and with stirring until the onions are tender.
Then add the tomato pieces and simmer gently. Then fold in the chickpeas and simmer for another 10 minutes without a lid. Season with garam masala, lemon juice and cilantro. Sprinkle with coriander leaves, remove from the heat and leave covered for 2-3 minutes.
Finally season with salt and pepper and serve garnished with the pomegranate seeds.
Here you can find our cooking films on YouTube.