The onion leek soup is a variation of the classic French onion soup. From its creaminess and its intense aroma, it hardly differs from the original. Only a tiny little thing is different, because with this onion soup we have renounced the addition of white wine. Therefore, even those people who enjoy the slightly alcoholic taste can enjoy it.
Ingredients for 2 servings
For the soup
- Peel 2 medium onions approx. 200 g and cut into thin strips
- ½ leek (green) approx. 100 g - cut in half, wash and cut into fine strips
- Peel ½ clove garlic and cut into thin strips
Liquid ingredients and spices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chickpea flour
- 600 ml vegetable broth
- crystal salt
- Black pepper from the mill
- ½ tsp fenugreek powder
Preparation time approx. 10 minutes, cooking time approx. 25 minutes
Put the oil in a pan, discard onions, leeks and garlic.
Refine with tomato paste and distribute well and vigorously under the vegetables. Add fenugreek powder, top up with the vegetable broth and simmer for about 20-25 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Here you can find our cooking films on YouTube.